Welcome

This is where I share my latest shoots, tidbits from my personal life and random thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear from friends...old & new.
To check out the main website, go to: www.cindycieluch.com and enter the high-speed or dial-up site!

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Carpenter Family

"Other things may change us...

...but we start and end with the family." ~ Anthony Brandt

I'm not one who's usually at a loss for words, but I'm struggling to find the best way to describe the happiness and love I felt in this home. I feel like my words aren't enough, which is why pictures are so important. They freeze time. They show emotion. They allow you to look back at how it used to be, what it's like now and sometimes, you can get a glimpse of what the future holds.

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future." ~ Gail Lumet Buckley

The Carpenter family reunion was more than a reunion. It was a celebration of life. Roberta is fighting breast cancer again and her family is there for her 100%. Everyone wore pink to show their support and reminded her what to do when life gets tough. (See photo below). As part of the celebration, they also threw a mass birthday party complete with games, toasts and cakes to showcase each and every person who forms this incredible family!


A touching moment...

...ending with a funny & inspirational motto!


I never knew running around grabbing shoes could be so much fun. This game was hysterical!!!



The birthday cakes were champagne cakes from Hemple's Bakery...yummmmmm.

The table was filled with laughter :)


All of the sisters had beautiful pink robes.





This is what happens when you're the only brother among 4 sisters!

Happy Birthday Carpenter Family! :)

5 comments:

Shannon Sewell said...

oh wow cindy. this is an absolutely beautiful session. you captured the spirit of the family perfectly. the ones of the sisters are priceless, putting an instant smile on my face. you can just see the love & life in all of these! nice job girly ;)

~S

Sara P said...

This is a touching set of pictures! You did a great job capturing this!

Anonymous said...

This family is an inspiration. Great job capturing all that love. S.S.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to those of you who called my family an inspiration. I wouldnt be who I am now without them. My moms the one with the pretty long brown hair. =)

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.