Welcome

This is where I share my latest shoots, tidbits from my personal life and random thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear from friends...old & new.
To check out the main website, go to: www.cindycieluch.com and enter the high-speed or dial-up site!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Surprise - I'm 30

Yes, that's right. I turned the BIG 3-0 today. I've been hearing the old lady jokes all week, but this birthday honestly doesn't bother me one bit! I've actually been looking forward to hitting 30 and seeing what this year has in store. My life has been blessed and filled with love, family, friends and work...and I feel like it's all been leading up to this point in my life with all of the changes on the horizon.

One big change is that I'm leaving my news anchor position at KRTV. After many prayers, talks and tears, I decided that this Friday will be my final newscast. It's been an emotional week because I consider KRTV my family, but my support system has been out in full force. Proof: the look on my face in these pictures.

Matt & my friends at KRTV, KFBB & Beartooth NBC were sneaky, sneaky and threw the most incredible surprise party for me Saturday night. It was a combined party celebrating my birthday, my farewell to KRTV and my new photography business! I was completely blown away...and deeply touched by the cards, gifts, hugs and (another surprise) the funniest, most heart-felt farewell tape. Background: we make a tape for each person who leaves one of the TV stations. The tape is filled with bloopers, stories, messages from old reporters and anchors....and of course, clips of all the different hair styles. The tape was so good - I almost begged for my job back! If I figure out how to post the video, I will do that so you can watch and laugh. Or if you're sensitive like me, you might bawl your eyes out! To Matt and all of my TV friends - I'm such a lucky girl to call you my friends.

*These are pictures Matt took while I was watching my farewell tape.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! This is really cool, and i can't wait to see the video!! :) have a good rest of your day....
love ya,
Kort

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

Oh, Happy Day!!!! I wish I could give you a HUGE b-day hug today...here's a cyber one:) 30 is the greatest age ever and you are already on the path of making it incredible. We are all lucky to have you in our lives, and you deserve the most brilliant birthday, DAY. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy...happy birthday!

Sad to hear you are leaving MTN...we will miss you! But after looking at your work...I understand why you may be compelled to further explore your amazing talent in photography. really, your shots are simply beautiful.

Larry clued me in to your blog...I was fortunate enough to snag him for my wedding June 21st in Big Sky and couldn't be more thrilled!

also, after blog-stalking you...I've discovered a link to Kortnee... I went to high school with her in Sidney...weird, i know...so Kort, if you see this...HELLO!

Best of luck Cindy!

Beth Saboe
Producer/Reporter
KBZK - Bozeman's News Station
406-922-2456
bsaboe@kbzk.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, congrats on all your achievements, you're uber talented and I'm sure will go very far in your business, plus I'll have more pics to look at and oooooo and awwwww over!!

I turned 30 in May and let me tell ya, it IS the new 20...so far it's been the best year yet!!

Best Wishes,
Angie Sakalaskas (Scott)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!

SMS

Larry said...

Matt... great job in back of the camera! Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Cindy, 30's great. Don't worry you've got so much to look forward to in the years to come. You've just begun to tap into the meaningful moments ahead. The past is rewarding, the future is yet to be seen!

See you soon.

Birthday buddy, Larry

Anonymous said...

to my sister again...HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!! I am so happy that Matt & your buddies threw you a suprise birthday/farewell party!! That is awesome! Wish I could have been there!! Cin, what can I say...i'm so PROUD of you and so excited for what the future holds!! :) Oh hey...big shock, i started balling when I saw your pictures that Matt too at the party...i can't wait to see the video! see you in one month back home!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH CIN!! And HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY again!! It's going to be a FABULOUS year!! xo, jess

Anonymous said...

Jess, you're not the only one. I always shed a tear when I see Cin shed one...the emotion on her face and sleeve get to me every single time! I love ya Cin and miss you so much. Happy 30th birthday!!! Love the pics of you..I think you need to post a few of yourself at least once a month. Deal? ;) S.S.

p.s. so good to hear your voice, hope you had a fab day!

Jaymee Sire said...

Cindy....so sorry I missed your b-day...so happy belated 30th. You don't look a day over 25. As some random guy said to me on the street today in San Francisco: "You've got so much ahead of you. Spend it well." I think he was a little crazy, but some good advice nonetheless.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cindy! It was so good to see such great pics of you and I loved getting caught up with Kathy about you at Christmas. Love you so much! Michelle