Welcome

This is where I share my latest shoots, tidbits from my personal life and random thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear from friends...old & new.
To check out the main website, go to: www.cindycieluch.com and enter the high-speed or dial-up site!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Kristen + Ty: wedding

Hair + Makeup: Studio Montage
Ceremony: Faith Lutheran Church
Reception: Great Falls International Airport
Transportation: Big Sky Buslines ("The Party Bus")

Couples like this are the reason why I've fallen in love with shooting weddings.

When Kristen first contacted me last year, I wasn't able to shoot their wedding because of a previous commitment. But plans changed, so I called her back to see if she still needed a photographer. Kristen said she had a feeling I'd be able to, so she didn't book anyone yet! Things always happen for a reason...

These two have known each other for many years, though it was not love at first sight. Kristen actually used to tease and make fun of Ty when they were younger. They parted ways, but once they saw each other again...things were different. Much different...and they fell in love.

I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to spend the day with Kristen + Ty. They're a couple that makes you smile. A big *smile from your heart* type of smile. Kristen + Ty are amazingly sweet, generous people on their own. But they are even better together. They had an evening ceremony and wanted to head straight to the party afterwards, so we did all of their couple and group portraits before the ceremony. Ty joined the Great Falls Fire Department 6 months ago and loves his job, so they wanted to do all of their bride/groom pictures at Fire Station 1. At first I just wanted to get a few pictures there then go around to spots downtown, but the station is so great that we stayed there for the entire time. OK, enough talking...here's a look at their exciting and emotional day.

Amber at Studio Montage did her hair, which ended up being even better than the magazine picture she brought along.


Kristen + Ty had their *first look* at the fire station. Ty couldn't get over how stunning his bride looked.






I kept telling Kristen that she was "hot" and "on fire." The firefighters must've thought I was the biggest cornball.










Some of the firefighters at the station suggested we incorporated the axes. We put our own American Gothic twist on it.





After the station, we drove to the church where we met up with the wedding party + family. It was extremely bright out and the church is smack dab in the middle of a residential area, so we had to get creative for the group shots. They were up for anything. I directed and they posed...right on cue!




Brotherly love.




My second shooter Matt rocks at getting shots before the ceremony starts. Here's the organist jammin' out!






Taylor (flowergirl + Kristen's niece) kept making her way to the middle of the action! She made me (and everyone else) crack up all day long.






Cute kids were everywhere.


The party bus made a pit stop at TJ's to get the party started!






Here are the famous cupcakes. YUM! The flower petals were fluffs of marshmallow.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will forever be jealous of every bride and groom who get to have you as a photographer. i just can't get over how incredibly talented you are and what amazing shots you get. wonderful job once again Cin!
love ya,
kort

halley said...

These are amazing!! These are my favorites of your wedding shots I think. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

love luv lov the one of the groom coming down the pole. You go giirrrrllll. SS

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... you have out done yourself once again. These pictures are amazing!!! where are you so we can give you a hug. I was a little sad that the wedding was over but now i look at these pictures and think of al the fun we had and smile!! we love you (and the pics) TY and Kristen