Welcome

This is where I share my latest shoots, tidbits from my personal life and random thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear from friends...old & new.
To check out the main website, go to: www.cindycieluch.com and enter the high-speed or dial-up site!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Fur Ball


"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

This saying has been on my blog before and it's here again because I believe so strongly in it. I'm on the Fur Ball committee, which organizes the annual Fur Ball to raise money for a brand new shelter. If you haven't been to the Fur Ball - go! There's a live auction, silent auction, raffle, incredible food, entertainment and the best part - everybody there loves to talk about their dogs & cats (perfect for psychos like me)!

This year, I had a photo package in the live auction which included a photo session and 24x36 canvas gallery wrap. I want to give the BIGGEST *THANK YOU* TO THE HIGHEST BIDDERS!!! Can't wait to shoot you guys with Luna & Groovy. :0)

I also took pictures of all of the animals at the shelter to display at the Fur Ball. Committee members helped me put together some fun & beautiful table centerpieces showcasing the dogs & cats. Our goal: to find a home for as many as we could. Even one would be worth it. And that's exactly what happened. A couple that traveled all the way from Calgary saw the sweet face of the American Eskimo (in the first photo after the video) & went to the shelter the very next day! Well, the white doggie was gone, so they took home another guy! Mission accomplished!!!

If you're looking for a dog or cat, PLEASE PLEASE visit your local shelter first. There are so many amazing animals there waiting for a new friend and warm home. I posted just a few out of the 52 pet portraits that I took. I wish there weren't that many at the shelter.

PLEASE take 6 minutes and watch this PSA about why you should adopt from a shelter & NOT a pet store or mall. Spread the word.











2 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

I love these. This just shows how dang diverse you are! What a great cause. K

Anonymous said...

oh cin, i can't stop crying..i wish i could take each and everyone of those dogs and cats home!! and after watching the psa i will NEVER ever let anyone i know buy a dog from a pet store...that is sooo sad cin...thank you for telling the world just how passionate you are about man's best friend!! i love you sis...xo, jess