Welcome

This is where I share my latest shoots, tidbits from my personal life and random thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear from friends...old & new.
To check out the main website, go to: www.cindycieluch.com and enter the high-speed or dial-up site!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Homecoming

Last week, more than 170 members of the Montana Air National Guard came home from Iraq. Five of MANG's F-16s were also part of the two month deployment. The anticipation on homecoming day was so thick in the air, you could feel it. Everyone was either jumping up and down, or quiet...trying to hold back their tears. THANK YOU MANG for your service and hard work!!! Welcome home!


I bet this guy didn't sleep a wink the night before because he was so excited!

All of the homemade signs were so, so sweet.




When the doors opened, all you could hear was screaming! I got goosebumps all over and instant tears.







This young boy was flooded with emotion. You could clearly see that Dad is his hero.


LOVE this one!


Chaysen hugged Pat so hard that he bounced off of him!



Touching moment


100% joy...



...100% moustache. Ben - it's not March anymore!!! ;)



A Vietnam War veteran who wanted to show his appreciation.

Even Sam came to welcome his Dad home!!!

There's something about homecomings that brings out emotions you've never felt before. Matt went to Iraq the first time they deployed back in 2004, which is right after we got engaged. I'll never forget the way my cell phone was practically super glued to my hip. Or how exciting it was to get a new email. I remember the worrisome nights, the countdown until homecoming day and the way it felt to hug him when he stepped off the plane. It's a mix of pure happiness, relief and pride. Here's a photo we have on our fridge (thanks to Mia for stealing my camera). Whenever I glance at it, I'm reminded of how blessed we are to have our freedom.

God bless our troops who risk their lives for our country. Now I'm counting down for my dad to come home. 39 more days!

3 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

I am totally doing the out of control cry right now. I would start crying, then I would scroll down and see more writing and pics and compose myself so I could see...then I would start balling again. Thank you for this post, and for the reminder that there are a lot of families still sacrificing for our freedom! God does bless the USA, doesn't he:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Cindy, you look hot! So does Matt! A little sun on both of you makes you guys even better looking than you already are! Does the word Sassy come to mind? Me and Jared think so....

Larry said...

Cindy, I'm counting with you. God's speed and safekeeping!